Most Active Stories
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
Archie McDonald, Ph.D.
Archie P. McDonald (b. Nov. 29, 1935 - d. Aug. 16, 2012) aught history at Stephen F. Austin State University for 47 years. He served as host and author of a commentary series on Red River Radio for more than a decade and also served on our community advisory board. He served as director of the East Texas Historical Association and editor of the Association’s Journal for 37 years. He was a past president of the Texas State Historical Association, past vice chair of the Texas Historical Commission, and author/editor of more than 20 books on historical topics—and one book of humor titled Helpful Cooking Hints for House Husbands of Uppity Women. Along with teaching, McDonald served as SFA's community liaison. His Red River Radio commentaries aired for many years on Fridays at 7:35 a.m.