Red River Radio News
CYBER JOBS IN THE BIG EASY - There was a big announcement made in the "Big Easy" yesterday as a newly formed digital transformation firm will open a New Orleans hub and provide about 2,000 new tech jobs. Governor John Bel Edwards along with several public officials and university leaders were at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome to make what state economic officials have dubbed: "One of the most significant economic developments announcements in Louisiana History." Edwards said, "I am proud to...
Airs Tuesday, November 14, 2017, at 6 p.m. Once again ornithologist Cliff Shackelford, from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, will be on hand to take your questions about all our feathered friends on "Bird Calls" from Red River Radio. If you have a photo or the recorded sound of a bird that you'd like Cliff to research and identify for the show please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org . We'll also post your photos and recorded sounds on our website after the show. Join us for Bird Calls and call in a 800-552-8502 with your questions.
Airs Tuesday, November 14, 2017, at 7:45 a.m . This week Commentator Gary Joiner travels back to the Switzerland and Italy for the birth of Nitroglycerin
History Matters is made possible in part by the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities and Louisiana Cultural Vistas Magazine.
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
From October 13 through November 12. Red River Radio is excited to partner with StoryCorps as we host their visit to the Shreveport-Bossier City area starting October 12. They will park their mobile Airstream recording studio for an entire month at the Broadmoor branch of the Shreve Memorial Library, recording stories from our region for posterity. StoryCorps is creating an invaluable archive for future generations by preserving and sharing humanity’s stories in order to build connections between people and create a more just and compassionate world. It’s a reminder of our shared humanity, strengthening and building the connections between people, teaching the value of listening, and weaving into the fabric of our culture the understanding that everyone’s story matters. Information about reserving interview/recording time will be coming soon.
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- 11/14/2017: Losing your entire country to rising sea levels
- 11/14/2017: The Senate plans to ease restrictions on banks
- 11/14/2017: Is Venezuela starting to default on its debt?
- 11/14/2017: Should tech investors be chasing zebras instead of unicorns?
- 11/13/2017: Your next favorite brunch spot could be ... your bank
- Senate committee questions Trump nuclear authority
- Iran-Iraq earthquake: Rouhani vows action over collapsed buildings
- Mugabe allies hit out at Zimbabwe army chief
- Justice Dept weighs inquiry into Clintons and Uranium One
- Why do people still think the Earth is flat?
- Sumo champ Harumafuji investigated over 'bottle assault'
- Jeff Sessions now recalls Russia links discussed at Trump campaign
- 'Trackable' pill approved in US
- Jessica Allen gave birth to two boys as a surrogate, but one was her biological child.
- Jimmy Fallon holds back tears as he pays tribute to late mother