Red River Radio News
BOSSIER PARISH CRIME DOWN- Bossier Parish Sheriff Julian Whittington held a press conference yesterday to release the 2017 crime statistics for Bossier Parish, Whittington explained, there was a decrease of nearly six percentage points in major crimes from 2016 to 2017. " We'll go through the numbers first; 6 percent overall decrease in major crime for last year. Our homicide rate we're very proud of, for two years running we've had zero homicides. That's "ZERO" any way you count it, it's...
Airs Tuesday, February 13, 2018, at 6 p.m. Once again ornithologist Cliff Shackelford, from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, will be on hand to take your questions about all our feathered friends on "Bird Calls" from Red River Radio. If you have a photo or the recorded sound of a bird that you'd like Cliff to research and identify for the show please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org . We'll also post your photos and recorded sounds on our website after the show. Join us for Bird Calls and call in at 800-552-8502 with your questions.
Airs Thursday, February 15, 2018, at 6 p.m. Early detection affects cancer treatment outcomes. Tune in Thursday at 6 p.m. for Health Matters. Our host, Dr. Patrick Lavo will be joined by Dr. Shawn Milligan, Dr. Jerry McLarty, and Jenny Green from Feist-Weiller Cancer Center to talk about the importance of early detection and the Feist-Weiller Family Health Day. Your questions will be taken during the show at 1-800-52-8502
Airs Friday, February 16, 2018, at 12 noon. This week on our Regional Symphony Broadcast pianist Steven Dong, winner of the 2017 Juanita Miller competition of the Texas Association of Symphony Orchestras, will join the Marshal Symphony Orchestra for a concert featuring Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini along with the magnificent Firebird Suite by Igor Stravinsky.
Airs Saturday, February 17, 2018, at 12 noon. The 2017-18 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Wagner’s final opera, Parsifal. Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts his first network broadcast as Met Music Director Designate. An acclaimed cast of Wagnerian singers stars in this production by François Girard. Tenor Klaus Florian Vogt sings the title role of a naïve youth who saves the brotherhood of the Holy Grail. Soprano Evelyn Herlitzius makes her network...
Airs Friday, February 9, 2018, at 7:45 a.m. This week commentator Gary Borders share his experience as a library volunteer at LeTourneau University.
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- 02/14/2018: What next, Jay Powell?
- 02/14/2018: The employee is always right
- Valentine's Day Double Feature: 1-800-Flowers and Edible Arrangements CEOs about their busiest weeks of the year (from the archives)
- 02/14/2018: The City of Love’s new push to ‘Choose France’
- 02/14/2018: Stitch Fix's Katrina Lake talks Silicon Valley and sexism
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
- Stormy Daniels: Trump lawyer admits paying porn star
- NSA shooting: Several injured as vehicle crashes at gate
- South Africa's Zuma: I've done nothing wrong
- Denmark's Prince Henrik, who wanted to be king, dies at 83
- Lena Dunham undergoes hysterectomy after chronic pain
- Lotto win for Alberta man who lost house in Fort McMurray fire
- Shaun White apologises for calling harassment claim gossip
- Syria war: First aid delivery in months reaches Eastern Ghouta
- Three sacked after 'dine and dash' accusation backfires
- Tom Daley announces baby news with husband