Most Active Stories
- LSU Health Shreveport librarians create comic book about childhood obesity problem
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Navy Week brings dozens of sailors to Shreveport/Bossier
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Health Matters: Breaking the chain - Addiction to Porn and Adolescents
Each summer, with blankets and picnic baskets in hand, millions of Americans enjoy classical music in the casual setting of music festivals. Summer Stages takes its listeners on the road every week to summer music venues in the southeast. The 13-week concert series travels from the Brevard Music Festival to the Savannah Music Festival, then to the Norfolk's Virginia Arts Festival before finishing its summer tour at Charleston's Spoleto Festival USA. The series will spotlight 8 celebrated conductors and solo performances by such renowned artists as violinist Daniel Hope, cellist David Finckel and pianists Stephen Prutsman and Andre Watts.