Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Poet of the Ordinary - Photographs by Keith Carter
Newport Jazz Festival
The Newport Jazz Festival, The First American Jazz Festival, was founded in 1954, and has been host to numerous legendary performances by iconic historic figures and contemporary geniuses. Historic moments since its inception include performance by Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane and Miles Davis. Referred to as a Mecca of jazz, the event draws thousands of people from all over the world to Newport, Rhode Island, a city which is famed in its spectacular coastal scenery and awe-inspiring architecture.