Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Young Man On 'World Cafe: Next'
Originally published on Mon April 23, 2012 4:06 pm
Young Man is Colin Caulfield, a multi-instrumentalist, singer-songwriter and producer of light yet deft indie-pop. While studying French and English at Loyola, Caulfield began putting cover songs on YouTube, and his lithe, lo-fi music soon drew comparisons to Animal Collective and Grizzly Bear.
After signing to a label, Caulfield embarked on an ambitious project: creating a trilogy of albums in 18 months. The first, Ideas of Distance, is compelling, soulful and moody; the second (due out in May) is confusingly titled Vol. 1. The nine-song collection showcases Caulfield's penchant for haunting intimacy, with sparse balladry, gorgeous melodies and a darker feel.