Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Yo La Tengo On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon March 18, 2013 2:23 pm
After nearly 30 years of prolific genre-avoidance, the indie-rock trio Yo La Tengo returns with Fade, its first studio album in almost four years. The record, the band's 13th full-length release, features "Before We Run," a six-minute piece of orchestral pop showcasing Yo La Tengo's stately side.
Hailing from Hoboken, N.J., Yo La Tengo has embraced many musical directions, delving into noise-pop, shoegaze, minimalist folk, funky R&B and straightforward rock 'n' roll over the course of its long career.
Here, the band plays songs from Fade and talks with David Dye about Jesse Jarnow's Yo La Tengo biography, Big Day Coming.