Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Yo La Tengo On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon March 18, 2013 2:23 pm
After nearly 30 years of prolific genre-avoidance, the indie-rock trio Yo La Tengo returns with Fade, its first studio album in almost four years. The record, the band's 13th full-length release, features "Before We Run," a six-minute piece of orchestral pop showcasing Yo La Tengo's stately side.
Hailing from Hoboken, N.J., Yo La Tengo has embraced many musical directions, delving into noise-pop, shoegaze, minimalist folk, funky R&B and straightforward rock 'n' roll over the course of its long career.
Here, the band plays songs from Fade and talks with David Dye about Jesse Jarnow's Yo La Tengo biography, Big Day Coming.