Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Working Music: A Labor Day Special
Airs Monday, September 1 at 9 p.m. From mining to manufacturing, housework to ranching, hear surprising information about the labor movement, the return of overseas jobs, U.S. manufacturing, employment, and the auto industry, plus quitting, firing, and hiring, all highlighted by songs about unusual, tough, and dangerous jobs. Music about work and workers in a variety of genres: soft rock, bluegrass, country, bebop, folk, show tunes, and more, plus a classic comedy bit by George Carlin. Artists include Amy Adams, Tom Paxton, Jim Croce, Sawyer Brown, Gordon Lightfoot, Joan Baez, Jim Brickman, Hank Snow, The Silhouettes, John Denver, and many more.