Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
Wisconsin Court Decides Who Gets The Cat
Originally published on Fri February 10, 2012 7:02 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a bitter dispute over custody of the kid. Not actually the kid, though. Roger Kueffer has disagreed with his former girlfriend Julee Lawler since they broke up. They have fought since 2008 over custody of a cat. A Wisconsin judge ruled it's his. That she gave it as a gift. But as any cat lover knows, one court is not enough. A higher court has now rejected her appeal. We did not know if the Supreme Court will eventually get a shot at this. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.