Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Willie Nile On World Cafe
Willie Nile's folk-rock career has been varied and somewhat sporadic, but he always finds his way back to music. A gifted singer-songwriter, Nile has developed a versatile style that can be just as moving in a stadium as it is in a coffee shop. Excepting a few hiatuses, Nile has written music continually, performing with the likes of Tori Amos, Elvis Costello, The E Street Band and Barenaked Ladies. He's also released 11 albums, including his latest, The Innocent Ones.
First released in Europe, The Innocent Ones is imbued with the infectious and robust nature of classic rock 'n' roll, with whip-smart lyrics, powerhouse guitar work and the kind of strapping melodies heard in a Springsteen classic. The result is both infectious and pensive.