Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Warm Canadian Winter Thaws Outdoor Fun
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The frigid temperatures of Winnipeg, Canada are legendary, so much so it's called Winterpeg. But this winter is one of the warmest in a century, which has forced an annual festival that includes a snow sculpting competition to truck in snow. Winnipeggers are happy to put away the snow shovels, but the machine-made stuff may disappoint the international snow artists, especially those up from Mexico expecting the real thing. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.