Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
V.P. Boehner? Not If He Has To Go To Funerals, The Speaker Jokes
Originally published on Thu September 15, 2011 3:17 pm
There was a funny moment during House Speaker John Boehner's appearance at The Economic Club of Washington a few minutes ago.
Asked if he might be a possible Republican vice presidential nominee in 2012, Boehner — who's known for his habit of tearing up — joked that it's unlikely he'd be good for that job:
"It's hard enough for me to go to funerals of people I know, much less don't know."
Our post on the substance of his address is here: "Boehner Pushes GOP Ideas On Overhauling Taxes."