Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
V.P. Boehner? Not If He Has To Go To Funerals, The Speaker Jokes
Originally published on Thu September 15, 2011 3:17 pm
There was a funny moment during House Speaker John Boehner's appearance at The Economic Club of Washington a few minutes ago.
Asked if he might be a possible Republican vice presidential nominee in 2012, Boehner — who's known for his habit of tearing up — joked that it's unlikely he'd be good for that job:
"It's hard enough for me to go to funerals of people I know, much less don't know."
Our post on the substance of his address is here: "Boehner Pushes GOP Ideas On Overhauling Taxes."