Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Vermont Legislature Approves Assisted-Suicide Bill
Originally published on Tue May 14, 2013 12:19 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And some other news now: Vermont is set to join three other states that allow doctors to prescribe lethal doses of medication to terminally ill patients. Last night, the state's House approved the bill. It now heads to Vermont's governor, who is a strong supporter. This makes Vermont the first state in the nation to pass a measure like this through legislation. Oregon and Washington approved their rules through public referendum, and a court order made physician-assisted suicide legal in Montana. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.