Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
U.S. Education Secretary to La. schools: 'Don't take the easy road'
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan says Louisiana will receive $10.1 million in the latest allocation of the federal School Improvement Grant program. Duncan is encouraging more than 100 failing schools across the state -- including 24 in northwest and central Louisiana -- to dream up bold initiatives to turn around the schools.