Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
U.S. Airmen Ready For 'Godzilla' Attack, If Needed
Originally published on Tue May 13, 2014 6:30 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Godzilla better watch out. With a Hollywood version of the cult Japanese monster hitting theaters, U.S. airmen at Kadena Air Base in Japan say they're ready should Godzilla actually rise from the sea. One sergeant suggested to Smithsonian's Air and Space magazine that the Power Rangers might be available, though Chuck Norris is also an obvious choice. Plus, there's air power. The base is home to 50 F15 fighter jets. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.