Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
Cultural, Community, Information
Twang Darkly Plays Live on Red River Radio
Aired Wednesday, February 29 at 8:00 p.m.
Listen to Prairie Dog Town, Get My Gourd and Flags above
Wally Derleth and Bill Beckett host Twang Darkly who are Michael Futreal on Appalachian dulcimer, banjo, gourdtar, guitar, harmonica, flute, and suchlike; Troy Messina drum; and Joel Boultinghouse on the big ol' string bass and electric guitars. They play original instrumental music; cinematic Appalachian jazz rock fetched from the future on a beer-fueled time machine fabricated from gourds and guitar strings. Or so they say. Join us Wednesday night at 8:00 p.m. and find out and while you’re at it, give us a call and help support live music on Red River Radio at 800-552-8502 or click here. DONATE NOW!
Many thanks to Michael, Troy, and Joel for sharing a great night of music with us.