Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Turn It Up: 11-11-11 Is Here And Folks Are Overly Excited
Originally published on Fri November 11, 2011 7:00 am
There's so much that can be said about this day's date.
The arrival of Nov. 11, 2011, or 11-11-11, brings with it:
-- "Nigel Tufnel Day." Spinal Tap fans know: 11 is "one louder."
-- All Songs Considered's 11 songs you can turn up to 11.
-- "National Metal Day," because it's "the heaviest day of the century."
-- Word that Asians who think the day's lucky are getting married.
-- Preparations in Sin City (Las Vegas) for "an onslaught of weddings."
-- A celebration of corduroy, because the date resembles that ribbed fabric.
-- Closing of the largest Giza pyramid, to prevent any ceremonies there.
-- Stories about what it means. Hint: not much, but speculation's fun.
-- Ridiculous attempts by bloggers to shape posts to fit the numbers.