Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Hurricane Isaac information
***LSU Shreveport will be closed Thursday, August 30 and Friday, August 31. The University will re-open after the Labor Day holiday on Tuesday, September 4, 2012. Check with www.lsus.edu for updates. Due to the closure of the university, several university deadlines have been extended.
· The Last Day for 60% refund will be extended to September 5.
· The Census Date and the Last Day to Drop or Resign without a W has been extended to September 11.
· The Last Day for 40% refund will be extended to September 17.
• Caddo Parish Schools to close Thursday and Friday
• Bossier Parish Schools closed Thursday. (Friday TBA)
• Bienville, Webster, Desoto, Lincoln Parish schools closed Thursday
• Northwestern State University closed through Friday.
• BPCC closed Thursday and Friday
• Food Bank of Central Louisiana closed Thursday
7:00 AM CDT Fri Aug 31
Location: 15.2°N 47.8°W Moving: WNW at 16 mph
Min pressure: 999 mb Max sustained: 65 mph
• Two shelters are open in Shreveport for critical transportation needs with a total of 3,900 beds, including LSUS. Others are being prepared.
• There is a shelter open in Bastrop with 1,600 beds.
• There will be 13 Red Cross shelters with a total of 5,306 slots opening today.
• Residents can call 211 or their parish Emergency Operations Center the for latest shelter information.
Additional information can be found at this link: http://www.redriverradio.org/hurricane-emergency-information.