Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Tracy Grammer On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri July 20, 2012 9:42 am
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the death of singer-songwriter Dave Carter from a sudden heart attack induced. He and Tracy Grammer, his partner in both music and life, were the fresh new act in folk at the time, having joined forces in 1996. In accordance with Carter's wishes, Grammer has continued to perform their songs even into her blossoming solo career, which so far includes three studio albums.
In 2010, Grammer discovered a collection of tapes gathering dust in a basement. From these tapes came Little Blue Egg, a collection of demos from Grammer and Carter's early years as a duo, released earlier this year. Tracy returns to World Cafe for the first time since 2005 to chat with host David Dye and play some of these previously unreleased songs, which have been embraced by fans.