Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Top Stories: Crisis Talks In Cannes, Assange Loses Appeal, Strike In Oakland
Originally published on Wed November 2, 2011 7:58 am
Our early headlines:
Other stories of the day include:
-- "Oakland Gears Up For General Strike, Which Could Bring Thousands To Downtown." (The Oakland Tribune)
-- "U.S. Futures Rise, Commodities Climb Before Fed." (Bloomberg News)
Related: Federal Reserve policymakers release their latest economic forecast and policy statement at 12:30 p.m. ET. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke is due to hold a news conference at 2 p.m. ET.
-- "Four North Georgia Men Charged In Alleged Covert Militia Plot." (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
-- "Soldier, 22, Held On Suspicion Of Spying." (Anchorage Daily News)
-- "Frank McCourt Agrees To Sell Dodgers." (Los Angeles Times)