Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Tito Gobbi: Master-Singer
Airs Saturday, November 2 at 2 p.m. This profile of one of the 20th century’s greatest opera figures features interviews with: Soprano Renata Scotto, bass- baritone Ruggero Raimondi, Conductor James Conlon, Former General Director of the Lyric Opera of Chicago, William Mason, Former General, Director of the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, Sir John Tooley, Former Opera Director at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, Paul Findlay, Cecilia Gobbi, daughter of Tito Gobbi, Lady Valerie Solti, widow of conductor Sir Georg Solti, EMI Classics historian, Tony Locantro, and Tito Gobbi in conversation with Studs Terkel. Tito Gobbi sings excerpts from Mozart's Don Giovanni; Verdi's Rigoletto, La traviata, Don Carlo, Simone Boccanegra, Otello, and Falstaff; Puccini's Tosca and Gianni Schicchi; and Berg's Wozzeck.