Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
'Thomas Jefferson' Running For U.S. House
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 9:30 am
STEVE INSKEEP HOST: Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Some residents of Kansas have the chance to send a founding father to Congress. Jack Talbert is Libertarian, running in the state's fourth district. To be precise, a man formerly name Jack Talbert is running. He legally changed his name to Thomas Jefferson, which we will call him from now on. Mr. Jefferson calls his name change a tribute to the nation's third president. It will also most likely boost his name recognition in this fall's election. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.