Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Third Man Records' Favorite Live Cuts
Originally published on Wed April 10, 2013 9:43 am
Jack White's Third Man Records has quickly become a cultural force in Nashville. The Third Man complex is situated in an industrial section of downtown, where it houses a retail store, the Third Man studio, a mail-order business and a music venue.
Every once in a while, a lucky audience will be invited into the venue for a special show that eventually becomes part of the label's "Live" vinyl series. In this segment, Third Man co-founder Ben Swank plays us his favorite five of those special recordings. His picks include The Kills, local favorite Jeff the Brotherhood, Reggie Watts and (surprisingly) Conan O'Brien.