Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
Thieves Apprehended After Pocket Dialing 911
Originally published on Fri December 16, 2011 2:23 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne. Most thieves don't turn themselves in, but two in Wisconsin did without quite intending to. As the men drove off after stealing DVDs and video games from Target, one thief pocket-dialed 9-1-1. A dispatcher listened as the duo detailed their heist, including how the police would be looking for their Blue Dodge Durango.
That tip led the cops directly to them. After 54 minutes, their call to 9-1-1 finally ended with their arrest.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.