Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Television Is Going To The Dogs
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Television is going to the dogs. The satellite company DIRECTV recently introduced DOGTV to its line up. The channel, just for canines, will cost humans 5.99 a month. The programs feature soothing music and animations. DOGTV's CEO says this helps ease the loneliness and boredom that pets feel when they're left at home all day.
Hey, what do you think?
(SOUNDBITE OF A DOG BARKING)
GREENE: What's that, boy? You'd rather have a dog station on the radio?
GREENE: Good dog. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.