Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Tanlines On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed January 23, 2013 3:14 pm
Tanlines has been turning heads since its formation in 2008. Eric Emm and Jesse Cohen make up the Brooklyn-based duo, who met while working on a song for Cohen's other band, the dance-punk group Professor Murder.
With Emm on guitar and vocals and Cohen on drums, keyboard and various electronic instruments, Tanlines has carved its niche as a force in the electronic pop scene. The band released its debut album, Mixed Emotions, early last year and has performed with Vampire Weekend, Julian Casablancas and Rick Ross.
Here, the duo plays a few songs from Mixed Emotions for World Cafe and talks with host David Dye about recording the album.