Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
The Tallest Man On Earth On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon October 8, 2012 7:03 am
Swedish singer-songwriter Kristian Matsson is a modern-day troubadour whose crooning voice and acoustic folk songs often get him compared to Bob Dylan. Matsson recently released his third full-length solo album, There's No Leaving Now, under the moniker The Tallest Man on Earth.
In June, Matsson stopped by Philadelphia to play to a sold-out audience for an XPN Live Friday Free at Noon Concert, and in July he drew a huge crowd to his performance at the Newport Folk Festival. In this World Cafe session, he chats with David Dye about his recording process and plays four songs from There's No Leaving Now.
This segment originally aired on August 24, 2012.