Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
The Tallest Man On Earth On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon October 8, 2012 7:03 am
Swedish singer-songwriter Kristian Matsson is a modern-day troubadour whose crooning voice and acoustic folk songs often get him compared to Bob Dylan. Matsson recently released his third full-length solo album, There's No Leaving Now, under the moniker The Tallest Man on Earth.
In June, Matsson stopped by Philadelphia to play to a sold-out audience for an XPN Live Friday Free at Noon Concert, and in July he drew a huge crowd to his performance at the Newport Folk Festival. In this World Cafe session, he chats with David Dye about his recording process and plays four songs from There's No Leaving Now.
This segment originally aired on August 24, 2012.