Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Swedish Woman Gets Invitation Meant For Official
Originally published on Thu April 26, 2012 8:21 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with a story of Swedish hospitality. In Stockholm, an invitation to a dinner hosted by a government minister went to the wrong address. Meant for a former deputy prime minister, it went instead to a woman with the same name. A retired occupational therapist, she got gussied up and showed up, which is when her government host realized the mistake and seated her anyway. Asked about security concerns, a spokesman said their guards can handle retired ladies. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.