Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
Surfing Goats Amaze California Beachgoers
Originally published on Fri July 13, 2012 10:04 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. It's hardly news to hear about surfers in Orange County unless they happen to be goats. Nanny goat Goatee and billy goat Pismo are stopping beachgoers in their tracks at San Onofre State Beach. The surfer dude who owns them got Goatee to help keep foliage on his property in check, then thought why not put them on surfboards. A video shows the two goats riding tandem, though so far they haven't been seen hanging ten or two hooves. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.