Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
The Story of Christmas: A Pageant from Washington National Cathedral
Airs Thursday, December 20 at 2:00 p.m. This year's annual special Christmas broadcast from the Washington National Cathedral with the Cathedral Girls' Choir brings a unique performance of Benjamin Britten's much-loved Ceremony of Carols, marking 70 years from its first performance in England in 1942. Often performed by boys and harp, its first performance was in London with women's voices and the celebrated Welsh harpist Osian Ellis. The girls are joined by young actors from Princeton Day School in Princeton, NJ, who present the biblical narrative in their own words and commentary.