Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
The State Of The Union In 10 Headlines
Since what's said and written about a State of the Union address on the morning after can determine what's most remembered about such speeches, let's look at Wednesday's headlines:
-- NPR's It's All Politics: "Obama To Congress: With Or Without You."
-- The New York Times: "Obama Pledges Push to Lift Economy for Middle Class."
-- Politico: "Obama Calls For 'Common Sense' Solutions."
-- The Wall Street Journal: "Obama Urges Action On Expansive Agenda."
-- Bloomberg News: "Obama Paints Wider Role For Government In Middle Class."
-- BBC News: "Obama Pledges To Reignite Economy."
-- The Weekly Standard's Fred Barnes (conservative): "There He Goes Again."
-- Firedoglake's Kevin Gosztola (liberal): "Afghanistan Drawdown & the Covert Drone War."
We welcome headline suggestions. Add them in the comments thread.