Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
State-run shelter in Shreveport closes
The state-run emergency shelter in Shreveport has closed, after housing Hurricane Isaac evacuees for seven days. The evacuees were bused to points around the hardest hit areas of New Orleans. Some will stay in transitional shelters there, while others will return home. Caddo-Bossier Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness director Sandy Davis says the Jewella Avenue shelter will be cleaned and ready for the next hurricane evacuation in a matter of days.