Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
State-run shelter in Shreveport closes
The state-run emergency shelter in Shreveport has closed, after housing Hurricane Isaac evacuees for seven days. The evacuees were bused to points around the hardest hit areas of New Orleans. Some will stay in transitional shelters there, while others will return home. Caddo-Bossier Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness director Sandy Davis says the Jewella Avenue shelter will be cleaned and ready for the next hurricane evacuation in a matter of days.