Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
The Splendid Table’s Turkey Confidential
Airs Thursday, November 28 at 10 a.m. On Thanksgiving morning help is on the way for Thanksgiving cooks, kitchen helpers and dinner guests on this, the biggest cooking day of the year. Lynne Rossetto Kasper, award-winning host of public radio's national food show The Splendid Table®, will be available to answer listener questions throughout the live, two-hour program. Quickly becoming a Thanksgiving morning tradition, past shows have included everything from a cross-country trucker cooking his Thanksgiving dinner on the manifold to a panicked first-time cook who didn't realize a turkey needs to be thawed. Lynne handles all questions with wit, expertise and laughter.
Our guests this year will be (left to right) Mario Batali, Pati Jinich, Ted Allen, Alexandra Guarnaschelli and Michael Pollan. To contact us during the show, ask questions on Facebook and Twitter, send us an email, or call (800) 537-5252. If you don't see enough Thanksgiving recipes below, here are all of them.