Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Shreveport kitchen store owner retires
KitchenWorks owner Karen Durham says she's surprised that all of her inventory will be sold by the time she turns 67 next week. She announced her store closure earlier this month. Durham is saying goodbye to longtime customers who stop in to inspect her mostly bare shelves. The former high school teacher went into business with her sister in 1989, inspired by her mother's passion for cooking and a kitchen stocked with high-quality pots and pans.