Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Shreveport GM plant workers must decide on attrition offer
Employees at the GM plant in Shreveport must decide today whether to accept the company's special attrition program that would lead to voluntary retirements. The Louisiana Workforce Commission is assisting workers with their next step through an on-site transition center. The plant is scheduled to close in August, affecting hundreds of people.