Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Shreveport experts respond to health care ruling
LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor Dr. Robert Barish says the teaching hospital's mission will be enhanced under the Supreme Court's landmark decision to uphold nearly all of the health care reform law. Nurse practitioner Kathryn Arterberry, a nursing professor at Northwestern State, says she expect more people will seek out preventative care. She hopes her profession can meet the need. Shreveport attorney Larry Pettiette anticipates a wave of new litigation as the health care industry tries to parse the law and apply it to the business side.