Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Shreveport experts respond to health care ruling
LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor Dr. Robert Barish says the teaching hospital's mission will be enhanced under the Supreme Court's landmark decision to uphold nearly all of the health care reform law. Nurse practitioner Kathryn Arterberry, a nursing professor at Northwestern State, says she expect more people will seek out preventative care. She hopes her profession can meet the need. Shreveport attorney Larry Pettiette anticipates a wave of new litigation as the health care industry tries to parse the law and apply it to the business side.