Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Shreveport-based Juma Labs launches Flip Quiz
Shreveport programming firm Juma Labs has released an app that is a complement to the popular online flash card tool, Quizlet, used by students to study for tests. Justin Martin was inspired to write the program called Flip Quiz after seeing so many of his high school friends diligently make Quizlet flash cards, but never study them. He said his Flip Quiz program sends the user their flash card questions via text messages.
"They sign up for Flip Quiz, and then pick a set of flash cards they want to study from Quizlet," Martin said. "They tell us how long they want to study them. For instance, they select next week and set parameters for receiving the text message, such as every 15 or 30 minutes between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. Then, we text them one of the questions from their flash cards during that time."
This program is the first offering from Martin's startup. The 18-year-old, and his business partner, Ron De Benedetti, 19, are working on the next phase that would make it possible for flash card gaming and sharing among friends.