Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Shreveport auction firm featured on Travel Channel show
A Shreveport auction firm will be featured on the Feb. 13 episode of the cable TV show “Baggage Battles” on the Travel Channel. Lawler Auction Company president Danny Lawler said the show shot two episodes at auctions he conducted in December. The show's auction experts bid on items, and then seek appraisals to reveal the true worth of the items they buy. Lawler said the Travel Channel crew filmed an auction in which hundreds of items were up for bid, mostly surplus from various government agencies in northwest Louisiana.
"What was really cool, they liked this auction so much, the film crew returned the very next weekend to shoot a unique farm auction we were conducting in Benton in Bossier Parish,” Lawler said.
The first episode shot in Shreveport will air Feb. 13 at 8 p.m. Lawler said another episode that features the Benton farm auction is slated to air Feb. 27. Lawler holds about 18 auctions a year, and he said he’s been solicited for reality TV shows several times in the past.