Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Senate Committee Passes Bill Meant To Reduce 'Straw Purchases' Of Guns
Originally published on Thu March 7, 2013 5:13 pm
The first major gun bills in nearly two decades had their first hearing in the Senate on Thursday, including an assault weapons ban and a ban on so-called "straw purchases." Still, even in the aftermath of the shootings in Newtown, Conn., the legislation faces an uphill battle. Ailsa Chang talks to Melissa Block.