Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Art & Design
Semi-Nude Painting Smuggled Into Canadian Museum
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. You've heard of thieves smuggling art out of museums, right? Well, in Canada, someone snuck a painting in. The Calgary Herald reports that guards at the Glenbow Museum noticed a new acquisition in the gallery - an oil painting of a semi-nude woman. An anonymous note said the donor's late father did the painting and had always wanted his work in a museum. What takes precedent, the note said, my moral obligation to my parents or museum policy? Please don't disrupt a joyous occasion. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.