Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Art & Design
Semi-Nude Painting Smuggled Into Canadian Museum
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. You've heard of thieves smuggling art out of museums, right? Well, in Canada, someone snuck a painting in. The Calgary Herald reports that guards at the Glenbow Museum noticed a new acquisition in the gallery - an oil painting of a semi-nude woman. An anonymous note said the donor's late father did the painting and had always wanted his work in a museum. What takes precedent, the note said, my moral obligation to my parents or museum policy? Please don't disrupt a joyous occasion. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.