Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
S.C. Shooting Range Rents Automatic Weapons
Originally published on Tue September 25, 2012 8:08 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. It's a pain to buy a machine gun, all those federal regulations. But Alex Perkins has an easier way. The South Carolina shooting range owner tells the Charleston Post and Courier he has a license to rent out automatic weapons. Actually, his brother has the license but close enough. For $50 you blast a paper target to shreds. Mr. Perkins says the gun must not leave the range, though once you have the weapon he will have to ask you that politely. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.