Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: Ruthie Foster
Airs Thursday, September 20 at 8:00 p.m. Tune into highlights from Ruthie Foster's two-night run at the 2011 Savannah Music Festival. If you were born in the 1960s, you could grow up just about anywhere in America and be exposed to gospel, jazz, blues, soul, folk and rock music on the radio and television. Such was the case of Ruthie Foster, who was raised in South Texas and grew up singing in the Baptist Church before she got serious about music as a teenager. Ms. Foster brought her unique blend of American roots music and southern soul to Savannah. Tune in to hear highlights from her second night at the Charles H. Morris Center.