Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: Piano Showdown Part Two
Airs Thursday, May 17 at 8:00 p.m. A summit of keyboard virtuosos including Eddie Palmieri, Henry Butler, Bob Seeley and Aaron Goldberg. In the international music world, there are literally dozens of piano competitions across the globe. However, in jazz and blues music, the spirit of friendly competition has always been a part of the tradition. In this second episode, we'll hear more solos and duets by four distinct, versatile and unique players from different generations. Octogenarian and boogie woogie specialist Bob Seeley shares the stage with Aaron Goldberg, who is not even half his age. New Orleans-based Henry Butler and Latin jazz great Eddie Palmieri round out this one-time-only production recorded at the 2009 Savannah Music Festival.