Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Julian Lage Live
Airs Thursday, April 10 at 8 p.m. The general definition of a prodigy is "a child with a skill set or an ability that is incredibly accomplished, far beyond their years." Often times, such individuals are found in more quantitative fields, such as chess, music and math. One such prodigy is Julian Lage, who was born in 1987 and acclaimed as a major musical talent by the age of 8, when he became the subject of the 1997 Academy Award nominated documentary "Jules at Eight." Since then, Julian has gone on to become a wonderfully original performer who adores teaching almost as much as he does playing. In the spring of 2013, Julian Lage made his third appearance at the Savannah Music Festival, playing on a double bill with guitarist Martin Taylor. In this episode, we hear highlights from Julian's solo performance, along with two duets with Martin Taylor.