Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Jeb Patton Solo
Airs Thursday, April 3 at 8 p.m. When you study jazz under Sir Roland Hanna and Jimmy Heath, earn your Master of Arts degree Summa Cum Laude from the Aaron Copland School of Music at Queens College, and receive the Louis Armstrong Award for Composition from the ASCAP Foundation all while in your young twenties, the serious of your intent is not in question. In the spring of 2013, we brought 38 year old jazz pianist Jeb Patton, best known for his work with the Heath Brothers and being a "go-to" pianist on the NYC jazz scene, for a concert with the great saxophonist Charles McPherson and his quartet. While in town, Jeb also gave a lunchtime recital to an enthusiastic crowd, displaying his immense love for, and command of, the history of jazz piano. Tune in to hear highlights from the recital.