Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra
Airs Thursday, September 12 at 8:00 p.m. In this episode, we listen to Wynton Marsalis leading the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra at the Lucas Theatre for the Arts. During the mid-1990's, trumpeter and bandleader Wynton Marsalis was leading his septet, one of the most artistically and commercially successful jazz bands of its time. When he became the full-time artistic director of Jazz at Lincoln Center in 1995, he essentially folded his septet into the resident orchestra, allowing him the artistic palate with which to paint the entire range and history of jazz while still offering up new and original work. In this episode, we listen to Wynton Marsalis lead the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra through this 2009 recording.