Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra
Airs Thursday, September 12 at 8:00 p.m. In this episode, we listen to Wynton Marsalis leading the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra at the Lucas Theatre for the Arts. During the mid-1990's, trumpeter and bandleader Wynton Marsalis was leading his septet, one of the most artistically and commercially successful jazz bands of its time. When he became the full-time artistic director of Jazz at Lincoln Center in 1995, he essentially folded his septet into the resident orchestra, allowing him the artistic palate with which to paint the entire range and history of jazz while still offering up new and original work. In this episode, we listen to Wynton Marsalis lead the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra through this 2009 recording.