Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Ike Stubblefield with Printup & Gordon
Airs Thursday, April 25 at 8 p.m. The sound of the Hammond B3 organ with a Leslie speaker evolved in mid 20th century America through a range of music genre's that included blues, rock, gospel and most notably, jazz. Many of the finest players on the instrument were jazz musicians and the trail they blazed is still being traveled today. During this hour we'll hear from one of today's masters, Ike Stubblefield, whose original sound on the instrument reflects not only his love for jazz but also the influence of the church, R&B, and his years play with Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye. He'll be joined for this concert by his trio and Marcus Printup on Trumpet and Wycliff Gordon on Trombone.