Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Henry Butler Solo
Airs Thursday, February 6 at 8 p.m. Pianist Henry Butler was born in New Orleans and has developed a sound that Dr. John refers to as the "pride of the Crescent City." As an extension of the great piano lineage that includes Jelly Roll Morton, Professor Longhair, James Booker and Tuts Washington, Mr. Butler has devised a distinct musical gumbo that blends the ingredients of jazz, blues, rags and funk with the feeling of a second line parade. In this episode, we listen to highlights from Henry Butler's solo performance at the Charles H. Morris Center during the 2010 Savannah Music Festival.