Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: French bassist Renaud Garcia-Fons
Airs Thursday, June 28 at 8:00 p.m. He's an artist influenced by classical, jazz and the diverse musical traditions of the Mediterranean rim. When double bass player and composer Renaud Garcia-Fons arrived backstage in the van with his custom five-stringed bass, we expected to see yet another huge bass case. Instead, he unloaded a much smaller box from which emerged a wooden body, out of which came the neck, followed by some strings that were quickly attached. And that was merely the prelude for one of the most unique performances by a bassist that Savannah audiences have ever seen.