Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver
Airs Thursday, June 7 at 8:00 p.m. Bluegrass maven Doyle Lawson & his band Quicksilver during Savannah Music Festival original production entitled "Long Time Travelin'," which also featured Tim Eriksen, Dan & Rayna Gellert, Jim Lauderdale, Matt Hinton and the Tatnall River Shapenote Singers. As far back as he can remember, Doyle Lawson loved the sound of music. When he was growing up, just about everyone listened to the Grand Ole Opry, and his family was no exception. Of all the stars that played the Opry, the group that impressed Doyle the most was Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Boys. Doyle described their sound as "high lonesome," and it made him want to play that kind of music. On this episode, we listen to National Heritage Fellow Doyle Lawson performing with his band Quicksilver during the "Long Time Travelin'" show at the Savannah Music Festival.